Monday, March 2, 2009

Swan Lake


When I was 15, I fell in love with Swan Lake. I watched from backstage and was completely mesmerized. That experience led to several years of working as a dresser -- helping dancers in and out of their costumes, providing a needle and thread for emergencies and doing laundry.

I've had season tickets to the incredible San Francisco Ballet Company for about eight years now, but this is the first time they've done Swan Lake and it's a totally revamped production -- new choreography, sets and costumes. It was eye-poppingly beautiful.

2 comments:

mom said...

I am very envious. It's been a number of years since I've seen Swan Lake.

heidi said...

WOW - I never knew that about you. And yes, I agree that Swan Lake is one of the most beautiful ballets ever done.