Thursday, March 5, 2009

Grand Ballroom

After the Hank III concert "experience," I promised to vent about the venue -- the Hyatt Regency's Grand Ballroom. Bottom line: do NOT go there!


Yelp spoke. I didn't listen.

A wedding or a prom or a fancy party would work beautifully there. But concerts? No.

We arrived shortly after the 8 p.m. start time to find a line that stretched for many blocks and was barely moving. I asked a security guard what was going on, he said everyone showed up at once and the folks doing the pat downs were overwhelmed. Fine. Brian and I went next door for a drink. Hour later? The line hasn't shrunk at all and we're about to miss the headliner. Luckily, I sweet-talked the same security guard who let us skip the line. Once inside, I learned there were four toilets for the sold-out crowd of about 1,000 people. Do NOT go there.

No comments: