Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Holiday Homemaking

I did a ridiculous amount of cooking over the holidays. In part, I was inspired by a book Louise gave me called "Canning for a New Generation: Bold, Fresh Flavors From the Modern Pantry."

I enjoyed some of the fruits of my labors last night. I whipped up a pot of waistline-friendly lentil soup and enjoyed it with a slice of homemade bread topped with homemade cheese! Yes, cheese! A Wisconsinite's delight. It tastes like a blend of cream cheese and mild ricotta and it was so easy, it hurt. And the bread? Such a painless endeavor with the help of a food processor.

2 comments:

mom said...

The soup sounds great for the waist-line but what about the homemade bread and cheese???

Kim said...

Notice it's just a half-slice of bread and a light spreading of cheese?