Monday, November 29, 2010

My Birthday

Being a big geek ... and a bigger reader, I remember how thrilled I was to learn that I shared a birthday with Louisa May Alcott. This revelation likely prompted a phase when I refused to use electricity and chose to read by the light of an oil lamp. But I digress.


Apparently, I was born on a Saturday. (My mother probably remembers it much better than I do.)

Other notables:

Nov 29 - Beatles' "Come Together," single goes #1
Best Picture: "Midnight Cowboy"
On TV: "Hawaii Five-Oh," "Adam-12"
Top Books: "Slaughterhouse-Five" by Kurt Vonnegut, "Deliverance" by
James Dickey
Hot New Toys: Silly String, Barrel Of Monkeys, Easy-Bake Premier Oven (always wanted one of those)
Minimum Wage: $1.60/hour

1 comment:

mom said...

Yes, you were born on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Mmm.. It seems like only yesterday!! Have a great birthday, Kim. See you soon.