Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Kindle

I think I want a Kindle. There. I said it.

I LOVE books. I love how they look, how they smell, how they feel. I remember the day I got a library card. I think I was 6. Mom?

If I don't have at least three unread books on a trip, my palms get sweaty. Really. I've sought out English language bookstores everywhere from Egypt to Russia to Vietnam. So, a Kindle appeals greatly to my practical side. My friends who own the devices assure me I'd only use it for traveling. We shall see.

2 comments:

mom said...

Yes, you may have been 6 or maybe 7 years old. As soon as you were able to read! Remember when you would play 'library' and loan out books to the neighborhood kids with cards you printed yourself? I think you even charged fines to those who were late with turning them in on time?

Unknown said...

Nothing like the tactile feel of a much-loved, well-made book in your hands. And ... nothing like the convenience of downloading a book you suddenly want to read on your electronic device. Best of both worlds, really.