Monday, November 1, 2010

Black Cats and Pumpkins

I'm not a big Halloween fan ... especially this year when I've been more interested in baseball. Anyway, I decided I NEEDED homemade pumpkin seeds.


So, I snatched up one of the last pumpkins at Cala, took it home and carved it. It contained lots of seeds and hardly any pulp, which made me wonder whether they're bred this way.


Anyway, I consulted Mom, then sprinkled the seeds with Worchestershire sauce, garlic powder, kosher salt and a bit of oil, then baked them for about an hour. And voila!


Then, I lit the jack-o-lantern and waited patiently for Arthur to investigate.

2 comments:

mom said...

What a great looking pumpkin! Seeds look mighty appetizing as well. Good Job!

Margie in Oakland said...

And I just used salt and pepper. Sigh.