Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Garfield Park Conservatory

I don't like cold weather. It's about 35 degrees here in Chicago and that's about as low as I want it to go. Yesterday, I found myself with an hour or so of spare time, so, at the suggestion of fellow Yelpers, I hopped on the El and went to the Garfield Park Conservatory. I was not disappointed.


This is the fern room. Who knew ferns could be so spectacular?


There's also a koi pond decorated with Chihuly blown-glass lily pads.


All in all, it was a wonderful way to escape a chilly, gray day. Oh, and did I mention, it's free?

3 comments:

mom said...

Beautiful photos, Kim. You'd better bundle up tho' because we are in store for a cold spell!!! But like they say.."you can take the girl out of the midwest..but you can't take the midwest out of the girl???" I guess we will see..

Margie in Oakland said...

I hope I will have time to visit, it looks beautiful...

Single Guy Ben said...

Oh, I'm going to be in Chicago in May so I'm going to try and check this place out!