There's a phenomenon on Facebook these days. Your "friends" ask you to list 25 random things that people may not know about you. Silly, yes. But it's also interesting. Here's mine:
1. I am legally blind.
2. I attended Catholic school for 12 years.
3. I hate team sports. Always have.
4. I don't eat meat. Never have.
5. When I was 13, my parents bought me a sewing machine. I exchanged it for a typewriter.
6. I served in the military.
7. I've lived in seven states and one foreign country.
8. I was a pom-pon girl in high school.
9. I married my first "love." Big mistake.
10. I despise shopping.
11. I've met many famous people.
12. I was voted "most likely to achieve fame" senior year. Hmm.
13. I shoplifted once and got a huge rush. Never did it again.
14. I'm inherently lazy.
15. Bonnie Raitt once called me a racist.
16. I could subsist on bread, cheese and wine.
17. I dislike animated movies. Okay. Actually, I refuse to watch them.
18. When I was 15, my mom drove me 45 minutes through a snowstorm so I could audition for "Fiddler on the Roof." I wimped out when I realized you had to sing, too. Duh.
19. I am a sun-worshipping, beach person.
20. If money was no object, I'd open a flower shop.
21. When I was overseas, my mom mailed me Cool Ranch Doritos. More than once.
22. My combat boots were the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned.
23. I studied Polish in high school and I remember enough to get in trouble.
24. I got my dog from a Match.com date.
25. My mom once put me on a diet to GAIN weight. Sigh.