Monday, June 7, 2010

It's Cherry Season!

I could not resist the allure of freshly picked cherries at the farmer's market yesterday.


Who knew my olive pitter doubled as a cherry pitter? This ingenious device saved a lot of time ... and mess.


The berries (are cherries berries?) coated with sugar and a bit of flour.


The finished crumble or crisp or buckle - whatever you want to call it. I used this recipe, incorporating Hensen22's suggestions on the comments page and reducing the sugar to 1 cup.

3 comments:

Margie in Oakland said...

Now where did you get that olive pitter, let me think....

Kim said...

I think of you every time I use it :)

mom said...

Oh do those look good. I especially like the dark red cherries! BTW..cherries are not a berry..they are a fruit. But oh so delicious!