Monday, December 14, 2009

My Tree

For the first time in many years, I have a Christmas tree! As the truly urban girl that I am ... I carried it home on the bus and decorated it over the weekend.


My godmother started giving me a Christmas ornament on my first birthday. Every year I got a new one and I still have them all. Of course I supplemented hers with my own and, needless to say, I have a rather large collection.


The snowman started it all on my first birthday in 1970.


The wooden soldier was birthday #4 and the blue angel was #18.


My brother, Brian, made the Dixie Cup bell when he was five and I won the drum in a first grade spelling bee. Oh, and the tiny angel was #3. Thanks to Mom for marking them all!

2 comments:

Margie in Oakland said...

Ooh! I remember some of those ornaments!

mom said...

OMG I remember that snowman so well. They truly bring back memories. Keep them forever.