Friday, September 19, 2008

Divisadero and Haight

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this town?

Last night, Gin and I walked to Divisadero and Haight to buy a concert ticket from a guy I found on Craig's List. (Does that happen other places?) On our way back home, we encountered a man who had poured concrete for a new sidewalk square. As we passed, I said, "That looks tempting." He replied, "C'mon. Put her paw in there." I said, "Seriously?" He said, "Absolutely." So, I stuck Gin's left paw in the concrete, which was nearly dry. It ended up looking more like a smudge than a paw, but isn't it the sentiment that counts?

4 comments:

Margie in Oakland said...

Cool. Good for Gin.

Mike Cactus said...

John Lennon in cement on your block and now Gin, forever in stone.....Sweet!

David K. and Ann C. said...

Just like Grauman's Chinese Theater!

heidi said...

ahhhhhhhh......that's all i can say. ahhhhhh....ok i had to say it again.