Friday, June 22, 2007

CD group

My latest compilation for CD group aka OK Listen is called Splendid Isolation. I've been spending an awful lot of time alone lately, so this title seemed appropriate. For the uninitiated, CD group meets the last Wednesday of every month at Tod and Linda's house where 8-12 members swap CDs they've created. They talk a lot about "sticking it to the man," but I own all the music I share, so I don't really know what they mean:)

Here's the Splendid Isolation lineup:

1) Full Moon Cigarette - Gran Bel Fisher (got this CD free in the mail at work)
2) Saltbreakers - Laura Viers (intro'd to this Seattle girl by my Seattle friend)
3) Unbound - Suzanne Vega (her new album is awesome)
4) Juniper Rose - Etienne de Rocher (great local singer-songwriter)
5) Splendid Isolation - Pete Yorn (love him!)
6) The Revolution Starts Now - Steve Earle (my working-class hero!)
7) Falling Up - Ricki Lee Jones (her new album is incredible)
8) The Gringo's Tale - Steve Earle (need I say more?)
9) Ride - Liz Phair (this popped up on shuffle and it fit)
10) Send His Love to Me - PJ Harvey (ditto)
11) Over You - T-Bone Burnett (he blew me away at the Bluegrass festival)
12) How to Fight Loneliness - Wilco (keep smiling!)

No comments: