Wednesday, September 1, 2010

No Place Like Home


Here are some fast fact comparisons of what I believe are America's two greatest cities:

Temperature in NYC when I left - 103 degrees.
Temperature in SF when I arrived - 60 degrees.

NYC Population: 8.4 million
SF Population: 809,000

NYC Land Area: 305 square miles
SF Land Area: 46 square miles

NYC: Founded by the Dutch in 1624.
SF: Founded by the Spanish in 1776.

NYC: 36 percent foreign-born, highest percentage of Jews in the U.S., median household income, $188,697
SF: 35 percent foreign-born, highest percentage of gays in the U.S., median household income, $65,519

2 comments:

Margie in Oakland said...

Wow. Who knew the median income was so much lower?

Kim said...

I found those facts rather interesting. And, yes, I would've thought SF's median income would be higher.