Friday, January 11, 2008

My Top 10 Favorite Holiday Happenings

10. Showing my Iraq photos to friends and family.
9. Wearing my new red boots.
8. Eating my first real meal after a three-day train ride.
7. Taking Shaelin to the mall a few days before Christmas.
6. Mike's willingness to drive me back to Franklin at midnight after I lost a contact lens. (I found my spare pair!)
5. Making chocolate-chip cookies in Brian's so-called "kitchen."
4. Mom making vegetarian chili.
3. Watching Shaelin open Christmas presents. (He even got excited about the clothes!)
2. Brian and Mike dropping me off at the door instead of making me walk through snow and ice.
1. Dad letting Mom set the thermostat higher than 60 degrees and then not walking around the house in shorts and a t-shirt complaining about how hot it is.

No comments: